Tuesday 10 November 2015

A Month to Remember

Dizzy and Creative Doll Pattern now on sale!  
'Hey Creative!  Have you seen the post this morning?  Look - those funny designers Carol and Jay have sent us a copy of the doll pattern they based on us!'

"Oooh, let's see. How wonderful. Look it includes the knickers, dress and even little shoes. Oh, I'll have to get sewing and make us one each. They said the pattern is now on sale and we can buy it online at http://www.orchardlearningstudios.co.uk/ or from any venue where they're running workshops or selling their quality handmade creations" 

'We'll have to send them a note to say Thank you, to let them know how delighted and honoured we are'

"Good idea. Perhaps you could write to them once you've done your pile of washing, while I'm replenishing the store cupboard yet again."

'Creative, I am confused. What's happened to the kitchen? I tried to open the washing machine and when I did I found I was hurling my smalls into a dishwasher!  Where did that come from and where is the washing machine? There is no way that I am going to to do all the laundry by hand!'

'Dizzy, I wouldn't want the mess, anyway! I am worn out tidying and washing up after you. I made an executive decision and bought the dishwasher. Christmas is just around the corner and we will be having our London cousins Boo and Bea staying, I refuse to be tied to the kitchen sink and be everyone's housekeeper whilst you're having all the fun."

'Moi?.... the washing machine ?'

" The nice plumber David Joyce (http://www.davidjoyce.co.uk/)  put it into the cubby area that you normally use as a dumping ground, where your pile can build up without being seen."

' Good decision, where was I when all this took place?'

"In your colouring in world"


Creative's favourite painting
Dizzy's favourite painting
'Talking of which, didn't we have fun at Nita Sculthorp's exhibition of work, charting her journey through a diploma course with the Royal Botanical Society of Artists.

We each had a favourite piece, although it was difficult to choose just one.'







Nita has produced a beautiful collection of cards and prints which are available to purchase
(http://www.orchardlearningstudios.co.uk/)

"Nita's work was so lovely, it took me back to the work of Billy Showell (http://www.billyshowell,com/)
- have you seen her depictions of shoes, through botanical art? I'd love to own a pair just like that!"

'I'm so glad we wore our sensible shoes when we went to visit Tony and Cherry at the Cornwall Nature Conservancy. Do you remember that moment when we thought it best to withdraw with haste?'

RUN!!!!
Little and Large



"I do, but I also remember that cute little tortoise, just 6 weeks out of his egg - it's hard to believe he'll be as big as his giant companion one day!"


We so admire what Tony and Cherry are doing to conserve some of the rarest and most beautiful animals in the UK and in the world generally. We hope their newly formed Trust gets the support through membership which it desperately needs, in order to carry forward their hugely valuable work. If you'd like some more information about the Cornwall Nature Conservancy and the fabulous work they do, and to access a membership form (individual or corporate membership), please contact them: cherrybcornwallnatureconservancy@outlook.com 

'Creative, what are you cooking today? I'm starving!'

"You can't possibly be hungry after all that porridge - although I think
 I scraped as much off the top of the cooker, as you actually managed to eat. I'm going to cook us one of the homemade pies we bought at Tudors cafe and Delicatessen (http://www.tudorstorbay.co.uk/) last week."


Tudors scrummy homemade pies
The comfort test!
'Ooohh, scrummy!  I simply adore their pies. I like the place as well, it's so welcoming and their coffee is really good'

"It is indeed a lovely place and we had a super time with Kamila and Shaun who were so understanding when you - for some reason - decided to try out the comfort of the umbrella stand!"


NEXT PUBLIC APPEARANCE:
Miss Ivy Events (http://missivyevents.co.uk/)
All Things Vintage and Festive
Dartington Hall, Totnes Sat/Sun 28th & 29th November

Where Orchard Learning Studios will be running some great Christmas Craft taster workshops


THOUGHT OF THE MONTH:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
From the poem For the Fallen, by Laurence Binyon.


©Jay Hooper and Carol Kennedy July 2013. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment