Friday 25 September 2015

All Things Vintage and Lovely

Hi Creative,                                                                                            


Dizzy texting to Creative

I hope you are having a good afternoon. 

A quick text to let you know, whilst I was out  I have met the designer at Pontia Rose to find out what she is getting up to. Guess what? She is not unlike me in many ways, certainly a bit scatty and very similar to look at too! I had a lovely chat with her, she is tweaking away at her new website and hopes to launch within days.

She was telling me about her friend, Jay, who is very talented at creating all kinds of things from garments and all kinds of crafts.  The pair of them are off to the ‘Miss Ivy Event, All Things Vintage and Lovely’  at the Guildhall in Plymouth tomorrow, Saturday 26th September. 

Together they are going to be demonstrating with a few garments a fashion time line from the twenties to the eighties. It sounds right up our street, shall we pop along and see what it is all about? Oh, and, they will be running taster classes in Dorset button making and smocking, how lovely it would be to have chance of trying something new. Are you up for it? It would be an opportunity for us to meet them and see who else is around to put into our next blog.
Smocking taster workshop



Dizzy x

PS  What’s for dinner tonight? 


Hi Dizzy,
Creative texting back

How lovely to hear from you, and thank you for the latest news on Pontia Rose. I have been thinking of her in recent days and it's great to know she's about to launch her new website, I will look out for the exciting moment. 

The Vintage event on Saturday sounds really interesting and if Pontia Rose is going to be there, it would be a great opportunity to go along and give her my best wishes and support for her re-launch; I think she's amazing to have got herself together to this point. As you rightly point out, she can be a bit scatty, but I have every faith in her amazing creative abilities. I'm sure this is the right path for her, and things will take off for her.

Button making workshop with
Orchard Learning Studios
We could take part in a workshop while we're there as well - I quite fancy a go at the dorset buttons but the demonstration also sounds really interesting.  Those Orchard Learning Studios workshops are all so good, it's always difficult to choose.  Shall we toddle along together?

I've been writing most of the afternoon, instruction sheets mostly, for that new partnership. Did you know they are using us as the inspiration behind their latest product? Very flattering, as long as they don't make us look too fat!  

I'd better go, as I have a nice pieces of Hake waiting for the grill. 


Creative x


©Jay Hooper and Carol Kennedy July 2013.  All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment